Effective Date: April 2022
Snappt obtains personal information about you from different sources to provide and manage our Site and Services. “You” may be a visitor to Site, an organization that uses our Services (“Customer”) or an applicant of a Customer (“User”).
- Collection of Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Your Rights and Choices
- Links to Other Sites
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Security
- Keep Yourself Safe
- Responsible Disclosure
- International Data Transfers
- Contact Information
1. Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. Personal information does not include publicly available information or information that has been anonymized, de-identified, or aggregated. Personal information we collect will be apparent by the context of the page or your interactions with us, and generally includes personal information you choose to provide us and personal information we collect as your interact with our Sites and Services.
a. Personal information you provide to us
Personal information we collect will be apparent by the context through which it is provided, and may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- When you request a demo of our Services or otherwise contact us by providing your email address, name, company name, and telephone number
- When you communicate with us via email, phone, fax, text, or by any other means, and provide your personal information over the course of those communications
- When you otherwise provide us with your personal information in order to receive our Services or information relating to our Services, including as a User, Customer, or on behalf of a Customer
b. Information that we automatically collect
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons, and the language version of the Sites you are visiting; and
- Usage data, such as time spent on the Sites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our Sites.
- We use third party analytics services on our Sites to help us analyze your use of our Sites and diagnose technical issues.
c. Information collected from third-party sources
- Our Customers. We may receive personal information about you from our third party Customers, who have engaged us as their service provider to render Services to them. Our collection and use of this personal information is subject to any notices and agreements between you and the Customer.
- Other third parties. We may receive personal information about you from third party sources, including things that other third parties may post publicly about you or otherwise provide to us.
2. Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect to provide, maintain and improve our Sites and Services, including:
- To enter into a contract for the sale of goods or services, to bill you for products or services, and to process payment transactions;
- To provide you with customer support, including to contact you in response to an inquiry that you sent and to send administrative messages, technical notices, updates, alerts and other information;
- To provide you with better products and services and improve and grow our business, including to perform research and development, understand our customer base and purchasing trends, and understand the effectiveness of our marketing; and
- To operate and maintain safe, secure and reliable Sites and Platform.
We may also use your personal information to send you promotional communications about our Services. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us via the unsubscribe link provided in such emails or by following further instructions provided in Your Rights and Choices.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
Snappt may share your personal information with the following trusted entities:
- Our service providers, as necessary to provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analysis, marketing, email delivery, technical support, customer service, and analytics, including without limitation, those services providers listed at https://www.snappt.com/msa.
- Our Customers as necessary to provide, maintain, and develop our Sites and Services.
- Compliance and harm prevention, including to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We also may provide information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or wrongdoing; to protect the rights, property, or safety of Snappt, its users, and others; to enforce our agreements; or as otherwise required by law.
4. Your Rights and Choices
You may have rights and choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information. Unless instructed otherwise, you can exercise these rights and choices by emailing us at [email protected] or mailing us a letter to 226 W Ojai Ave, Ste 101-419, Ojai, CA 93023.
a. Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer wish to receive promotional email communications from us, you may opt out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails or by emailing us at [email protected]. We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required in order to provide you with our Services.
b. Your California privacy rights. California residents have the right to request information from Snappt regarding third parties to whom we have disclosed certain categories of personal information during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes under California’s “Shine the Light” law. We do not currently disclose this type of personal information to third parties for their own purposes. However, if you are a California resident and would like to inquire further, please email us at [email protected] with “California Privacy Rights” as the subject line or write to us at 226 W Ojai Ave, Ste 101-419, Ojai, CA 93023
You must include your full name, email address and postal address in your request so that we can verify your California residence and respond.
In addition, California residents are entitled to certain consumer privacy rights related to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). As a platform that collects personal information in order to provide our Sites and Services to Customers, the CCPA may apply to the personal information we hold about you on behalf of our Customers. If you are a User and California resident, please direct any CCPA-related requests directly to the relevant Customer (e.g., your property manager).
c. Your Nevada privacy rights. Nevada residents have the right to request to opt out of any “sale” of their personal information under Nevada SB 220. We do not currently sell personal information under Nevada law. However, you may still request to opt out of the future sale of your personal information. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at [email protected] with “Nevada Privacy Rights” as the subject line or write to us at 226 W Ojai Ave, Ste 101-419, Ojai, CA 93023. You must include your full name, email address and postal address in your request so that we can verify your Nevada residence and respond. In the event we sell your personal information after the receipt of your request, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with such request.
5. Links to Other Sites
6. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 years without parental consent. No personal information should be submitted to our Sites by individuals under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that personal information as permitted by law. If you believe we may have any collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, please submit a written request via email to [email protected].
7. Data Security
Snappt uses bank-level security standards to help protect your information against unauthorized access, destruction, alteration, misuse, or loss. Snappt uses HTTPS to ensure that your data is transmitted securely.
To protect your privacy, we limit the amount of sensitive data we store on our servers. For example, we do not store the contents of credit reports or background checks, or credit card numbers. When we do store financial information, we encrypt and protect that data on secure servers.
We designed and built all our systems with multiple levels of security, and we manage them according to industry best practices. Our hosting provider maintains world-class facilities that are certified to the highest levels of physical and virtual security. Reputable third-party security firms perform regular internal and external security audits of our systems, something we consider an essential investment.
Please note, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
When you use Snappt, you own and control your information. We limit access to your information whenever possible. Landlords must verify their identities before viewing credit reports and background checks, or receiving payments.
All Snappt employees receive thorough training before accessing customer data, and we comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLBA). We share information securely with trusted third parties only when needed—to provide services, prevent fraud, and meet legal requirements.
9. Keep Yourself Safe
Even though we review every financial transaction for fraud, we recommend only sending payments to people you know. The same goes for sharing your information. If you have any questions or concerns about safety or security, please contact us at [email protected].
10. Responsible Disclosure
We take security seriously and we appreciate your help in notifying us of vulnerabilities in a responsible manner. If you are a security researcher and have found a potential security vulnerability in our systems, please send details to [email protected].
11. International Data Transfers
13. Contact Us
226 W Ojai Ave
Ojai, CA 93023
Connect with us
Let’s stop fraud today